Zaporozhe National Technical University
Zaporizhzhya State Technical University was created by a Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decision dated 20 April 1994. In August 2001 according to Ukrainian President’s Decree ZSTU was awarded the status of a National institution. During 2006-2007 separate structural units: Berdyansk machine construction college, Tokmak mechanical school, Zaporizhzhya college of radioelectronics, Zaporizhzhyaelectrotechnical college and Humanitarian college entered the university.
University campus occupies territory of 14,2 hectares including:
- Educational zone – 7.8 hectares;
- Living zone with hostels – 2.25 hectares;
- Recreation zone – 3.8 hectares;
- Other – 0.35 hectares.
Those territories include 7 educational buildings, sport complex, administrative and business buildings. There are 5 hostels in the university with living space of 25 000 sq.m. ensuring 100% students accommodation. One of the hostels is used for married students’ couples.
The main building of the university hosts canteen, assembly hall, editorial and publishing departments, center of computer technologies as well as auditoriums, laboratories, computer classes. There are 43 computer classes governed by faculties and chairs. Computers are also used in many of university’s laboratories, where laboratory equipment is combined with computers used for investigations of different algorithms and technologies. Total number of modern computers used for educational purposes equals 1430 units. Wi-Fi technologies are introduced in the university.
Besides. University leads Ukrainian high school using NTUU “KPI” cluster. Scientifical supervisor of supercomputer calculation center A. Petrenko showed the application of cluster power by different organizations. According to diagram showed in this report in 2009 ZNTU used more than 15 percent processing time of NTUU “KPI” cluster.
University owns four scientific lending libraries, 8 reading halls with 454 seats. Library computer net equipped by 2 servers, 7 scanners, 7 printers, 2 copy machines and 76 computers connected into joint communicational net. Electronic library effectively increase sticking of funds with electronic text-books and methodical materials created by university lecturers.