Kirovohrad Medical Institute (Donetsk National Medical University)
In connection with recent events in Ukraine, Donetsk National Medical University moved to Kirovohrad. This city is close to the capital of Ukraine - Kyiv. The University has several administrative buildings and hostels. All the teaching staff has been transferred to Kirovohrad as well as all the scientific centres and hospitals where the students can work. Thus, at the moment the university works in a regular mode and provides top quality education.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU”is the best and the largest medical universite of Eastern Europe.M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU”was established in 1930 as M. Gorky Donetsk Medical Institute. In 1994 DNMU was given the status of University and in 2008 DNMU has got the status of National Medical University and it was renamed to M. Gorky Donetsk National Medical University.DNMUis counted as one of the best medical school in Ukraine and in all over Europe.
The University is known as DNMU and it’s the abbreviated name of Donetsk National Medical University.
M.GorkyDonetsk National Medical University “DNMU”was the first medical university of Ukraine which was recognized by World Health Organization (WHO)and from Directory of I-Med Schools.Donetsk national Medical Universityis registered with the world Medical Universities list.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU”was the first medical university in Ukraine and in eastern Europe who started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in English language for foreign students in 1991 after independence of Ukraine.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU”is attested according to the highest (the fourth) Level of accreditation. The M.GorkyDonetsk National Medical University“DNMU”activities confirm with The Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian legislation, acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU”is the most attractive to foreign students among other Ukrainian medical universities due to it’s highest ranking, high level of specialist training, high tech laboratories, good knowledge of English language of the staff, campus system of theDNMU.
1805 - Established branch of medical science (later - Faculty of Medicine) Imperial Donetsk University.
1920 - Medical Faculty of Donetsk University merged with the Donetsk Medical Institute and Donetsk Women's Medical Society, was formed as a result of the Donetsk Medical Academy.
1921 - Donetsk Medical Academy was renamed to Donetsk Medical Institute, a part of which was formed 2 faculties: medical and odontology.
1930 - Medical Department was reorganized in the prophylactic treatment of the Donetsk Medical Institute.
1937 - Medical-prophylactic faculty renamed to the medical faculty of the Donetsk Medical Institute.
1992 - Medical Department was reorganized in the Medical Faculty of the Donetsk Medical Institute (from 1994 - Donetsk State Medical University).
1994 - Medical Faculty of Donetsk State Medical University is divided into first and second medical faculty.
Today more than 15000 students are studying at eight faculties ofDonetskNational Medical University“DNMU”. Among them there are about 4200 foreign students from Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, USA, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Israel, Turkey, India, Nepal, Srilanka, China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Peru, Palestine, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, Lebanon and from other countries studying at theDNMUat the moment. Due to the high level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees,DNMUis one of the most attractive Ukrainian Medical Universities for the foreigners.
In total more than 52,000 highly qualified doctors, well-known scientists, researchers, health service organizers from Ukraine, Russia, other CIS countries and as well as from 96 countries of the world from Africa, Asia, Europe and Americas have graduated from theM.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU”. Among them were more than 8000 foreign students from all over the world including 3 Doctors and 70 Candidates of Medical Science, about 200 clinical post-graduates (residents).
At present the total teaching staff atDonetskNational Medical University“DNMU”is 1147.Among them are 150 professors and 243 Associate Professors, academic title of doctors and candidate of medical sciences are respectively 117 and 449 people. In the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is a member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and two corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine,4 laureates of State Prize of Ukraine,18 distinguished scientists and engineers,8 distinguished doctors,2 Honoured worker of Education of Ukraine,37 full members of international and departmental academies science, 1 Hero of Ukraine.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU”has been recognized the best training-methodical centre among Ukrainian medical universities in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and was awarded with certificates from Ukrainian Health Ministry and Ministry of Education.
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry (Stomatology)
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Post Graduate Education
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
DEPARTMENTS AND INSTITUTES
There are 77 departments at M. Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU):
- Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Medical Cosmetology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology № 3
- Department of Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy
- Department of Pediatrics № 2
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of General Practice - Family Medicine
- Department of Emergency Medicine states, Anesthesiology and Intensive care
- Department of Surgery № 1
- Department of Internal Medicine № 1 and Clinical Pharmacology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology № 2
- Department of Health and Environment № 2
- Department of Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Therapeutic Dentistry
- Department of Orthopedic Dentistry
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Surgery № 3
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Otorynolyarynhology
- Department of Children's Dentistry, Child maxillofacial surgery and Implantology
- Department of Propaedeutics Pediatrics № 2
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Medical Biology
- Department of Medical and Biological Physics and Medical Informatics
- Department of Physical Education and Health
- Department of Surgery № 2
- Department of Interior and Occupational Diseases
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Social Medicine, Organization and Health Economics
- Department of Microbiology, Virology and Immunology
- Department of Medical Genetics
- Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Department of Disaster Medicine and Military Medicine
- Department of Biological Chemistry
- Department of Philosophy, Sociology and Medical sociology
- Department of Psychiatry, Addiction and Medical Psychology
- Department of Propaedeutics Pediatrics № 1
- Department of Propaedeutics Internal Medicine № 1
- Department of Pathomorphology
- Department of Neurology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Health and Environment № 1
- Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Department of Internal Medicine № 2 and Clinical Immunology and Allergology
- Department of Histology, Cytology and Embryology
- Department of Epidemiology
- Department of Pharmacology and Medical Recipes
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Department of Language Training for Foreign nationals
- Department of Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine with a course of physical and health education
- Department of Latin Language and Medical Terminology
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Infectious Diseases
- Department of Internal Medicine № 3
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Tuberculosis and Pulmonology
- Department of Urology, Nephrology and Andrology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology № 1
- Department of Forensic Medicine and the Foundations of law
- Department of The Ukrainian language, the Foundations of Psychology and Pedagogy
- Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Department of Dermatology, Venerology and AIDS
- Department of Foundations of Economic Theory and Cultural studies
- Department of Propaedeutics Internal Medicine № 2
- Department of Pathologic Physiology
- Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology № 1
- Department of Medical and Bioorganic Chemistry
Institutes of DNMU
- On the campus of Donetsk National Medical University there are 11 different institutes working for research, international cooperation in medicine and for different fields:
- DNMU institutes list is as follows:
The Center of Endoscopic surgeries
The Center of the international cooperation " the Fruit as the patient "
The Center of cellular and fabric transplantation
The Regional medical center " Medicine and safety of work "
The Center of Dermocosmetology and aesthetic medicine
The International medical physical and chemical center
Clinic for Joints of Endoprotezic therapy
The Central research laboratory
The Donetsk regional center of protection of motherhood and the childhood
Scientific research institute of medical problems of family
Donetsk scientifically-research institute of traumatology and orthopedics
Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment and surrounded with recreation center. The Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) 9 hostels with the total area of 44512 sq.m for accommodation of 4356 students.
Rooms on campus are available for students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, heater, water heaters and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. There are common areas where students can play and mingle. Upon the students arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned and after a satisfactory health report the student will be accommodated to the room which is allotted to him.
Off campus housing can be obtained in nearby apartments. Available apartments and houses are furnished, and vary in size, cost and number of conveniences. Life in Donetsk is friendly and devoid rush. While at first some students may miss their home environment, native foods, or a hurried pace, they soon learn to appreciate and enjoy a cultural different their own.
In the hostel each room is attached with kitchen is provided for students to cook food to their own taste. Students will need to supply their own kitchen utensils. Meals may be bought from various food outlets. All the rooms are provided with heaters. Our hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it. As a campus resident, you also have access to all the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) support services such as campus Security Services, counselling Services and health Services.